Mountainbiking in the Dolomites
Miles and miles of single track trails and a panoramic view like no other: Val Gardena and the Dolomites are dream territory for mountain bikers. Every day, they experience adventure, new trails and spectacular views.
Mountain biking is a special experience, especially in Val Gardena and on the Alpe di Suisi. The Dolomite peaks of Sassolungo, Sassopiatto, the Sella massif, and the Odle group are always in sight, and you have a view of the Sciliar from Alpe di Siusi.
Together with the Bike School Ortisei, we offer guests at the bike hotel in the Dolomites two or three guided tours a day. The professionally trained guides accompany all cycling fans through the Dolomites by MTB on exciting trails of varying levels of difficulty. The outstanding local and trail knowledge of the professional guides at your bike hotel in the Dolomites provide the very best conditions for a fulfilled mountain bike holiday in the Dolomites. Anyone who has left their bike at home can borrow one of the free professional bikes from Bike School Ortisei.
Sellaronda in summer
The Sellaronda is certainly the absolute highlight for experts. You can ride the lift to comfortably ascend the most strenuous climbs, and on the descent, our bike guide, Andrea, will show you the best flow trails for mountain biking in the Dolomites.
A few important tips
If you are setting off on a MTB tour into the Dolomites, the basic prerequisites are good equipment and some prior knowledge. If you feel uncertain or have any questions, you can approach the guides at any time. He will be happy to support and assist you during your bike holiday in the Dolomites.
What you should pay attention to before and during your bike tour:
- Safety comes first: Always wear a helmet!
- Adapt your clothing to the weather and temperatures.
- It’s better to take too many clothes with you than to freeze while out and about. Possibly consider a change of clothes.
- Make sure you have enough provisions en route. Drinking is particularly important! Find out whether a water source runs along your route of if there’s a spring.
- Check your bike before setting off for the Dolomites from your bike hotel. Well looked after material, for example correctly adjusted gears, well oiled chains and lighting are essential.