Vitalpina Hotel Dosses
The Accommodation Site in Santa Cristina, rich in tradition and the history of Val Gardena
Our establishment, first mentioned in the year 1420 as “Hof Doss in Greden” in Church registries, has been a family-owned property since its inception. In 1551 Hans von Dosses became the first host at “Hof Doss in Greden“.
Over the course of time, various renovations to and inside the building have changed the appearance of this feel-good hotel accommodation. The present look was achieved after renovation in 1973.
The outbuilding of that time was demolished and substituted with a new structure. Through this intervention, the entire house attained its actual character and the quaint charm of a manor with residential house and attached barn.
At the end of the 1990s, the accommodation site in Santa Cristina, Hotel Dosses, was enlarged through the addition of a wellness area with a sauna landscape and the a whirlpool bath “Aurora”. The beauty zone, body and fitness centre and heated panoramic outdoor swimming pool were added three years ago.
Vitalpina Hotel Dosses in Santa Cristina will continue to evolve and be further developed through new and modern touches also in the future. Let us surprise you anew, again and again!
Yours, Family Turini and Staff
The history of Hotel Dosses in Santa Cristina
Your hotel Dosses in Val Gardena/Gröden boasts a long history and rich tradition. Take a look at our timeline and find out how this hotel in Santa Cristina/St. Christina has become what it is today: a place of pure wellbeing and fine gourmet bliss.
|1420||HOF DOSS IN GREDEN is mentioned in the church registers of Santa Cristina/St. Christina.|
|1459||MINIG VON DOSS becomes provost at St. Jacob and St. Christeins.|
|1512||DOSSES: The plural form “Dosses” has been adopted as several owners share the farm.|
|1551||HANS VON DOSSES is mentioned as the first host at Dosses and judge at Selva di Val Gardena/Wolkenstein.|
|1581||PRIMUS VON DOSSES is judge at Selva di Val Gardena/Wolkenstein; the emblem of the estate is developed during this time.|
|1779||DOSSESHOF: The Dosses farm becomes an inn; the owner is Pauli Tauber.|
|1784||MARIA TAUBER, daughter of Pauli Tauber, marries Johann Wagmeister.|
|1813||JOHANNA WAGMEISTER, daughter of Johann Wagmeister and Maria Tauber, marries Christian Schenk, Unterfins-Lajen/Laion.|
|1816||JOHANN SCHENK (host at Dosses), son of Johanna Wagmeister and Christian Schenk, is born.|
|1853||ALOIS SCHENK (host at Dosses), son of Johann Schenk, is born.|
|1888||ANTON SCHENK (host at Dosses), son of Alois Schenk, is born.|
|1925||ALBERT SCHENK (hotelier), son of Anton Schenk and Theresia Kerschbaumer, is born.|
|1973||HOTEL DOSSES: Albert Schenk decides to extend the Dosses, transforming the inn into a hotel. These remodelling works give the house, an estate with residential house and built-on barn, its typical character and rustic charm.|
|2015||OSKAR TURINI inherits the hotel by testamentary order from Albert Schenk.|